Trick-or-Treating - 1981

Monday, November 2, 2009

I tried so desperately to post these pictures this weekend, but I think one of the kids unplugged something on the computer and left me internetless for two days! So I know it's a day late and a dollar short, but here are our pictures from Halloween.

First, the kids just wanted to wish you all a happy Halloween.
Did any of you feel like Halloween was a two-day event this year because of all the school parties on Friday and then Trick-or-Treating on Saturday? Not my favorite... But, here is B at his school costume parade. He was Zorro [Spanish for Fox - my husband explains as he had to look up the spelling for me]. It's hard to tell he was Zorro since I didn't photograph the whole costume and they weren't allowed hats, masks and weapons at school. That basically made up his whole costume :) Oh well.


A lot of people wondered what M was, especially when she left her pom poms in the car or with dad. When I was buying the fabric for the skirt, a lady said, "Oh that is so pretty! Is that for a Christmas dress?" I had to answer, "No, it's for my daughters Halloween cheerleader costume." Followed with strange looks from the lady.


But the reason why I had to do it that way was because of this photograph:

(Me & my two brothers)

1981 baby! You can thank Connie D. for that look :) (just kidding Mom!)

Anyways, all in all it was good times.


Hope yours was safe and Spooktacular!
Love, the Johnsons

11 comments:

  1. That's very cute, Amber! You are seriously my idol...I want to be you in my next life.... Who thinks of that stuff (to recreate your childhood costume!)? You do! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Ambs! I think it's so cool that you reinvented the same costume for Maya. Love the teeth pic too! Glad your Halloween was fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You guys totally look like each-other. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I love that it was like the one you wore! Very cute! The kids looked like they had a good Halloween and I like your family pic. I was reading over your paper star tutorial, I might have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling. I couldn't find my battery charger for my camera so I didn't get any pictures of my boys. So sad but I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that my blonde Jared? hehe I love that picture of you & your brothers. What a treat. You did a great job on Maya's skirt. Too bad we didn't get to trick or treat together, but it was nice having you over yesterday.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is too cute! I love the 1981 pic and that you redid it for Maya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! That picture from '81 is classic. I'm glad you're getting into the halloween decorations. It can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maya...what a cutie!! Love her costume. Good job mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look so tan!! :] oh hey.. btw its morgan. haha! Come over sometime.. i miss your family.. and you live right across from me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! That was the sweetest idea. Did Maya think it was so cool having a costume just like mom at her age? Miss you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber